My role as a consultant in the executive search team is to help clients recruit the best possible people through a no compromise approach, working with clients to understand their exact requirements and giving them access to the broadest and best talent.
- What experience and expertise do you bring to the role?
I have worked in executive search for over 17 years and thoroughly enjoy working with clients to enable them to achieve their goals. Having graduated from Northumbria University with a degree in Human Resource Management I moved into executive search, initially as a researcher and for the last 15 years I have been helping clients across the built environment, industrial and healthcare sectors recruit key leaders across all functions.
- How are you helping people achieve their full potential?
It gives me great satisfaction providing opportunities to great people and matching that talent to client’s requirements. I take the time to understand candidate’s motivations and aspirations which helps when matching to a client’s requirements and cultures.
- What are your thoughts on the future of your sector?
Positive, continued investment from UK Government and investors will fuel the growth of both the industrial sector and the built environment. An aging population along with the continued housing shortage and changing habits following COVID-19 will present opportunities for investors and companies alike.
- What are your top three podcasts?
- The high performance podcast
- The rugby pod
- Friday night comedy
- What was your first job?
Changing lorry tyres at my father’s haulage business.
- What's your go-to productivity trick?
Have a clear plan at the start of the day.
- What do you enjoy outside of work? Any hobbies?
- Spending time with my two children – spending time with them on adventures is always highly amusing.
- Rugby, cycling and skiing.
- I enjoy trying different foods and wine from around the world.