I’m the Chief Executive Officer of New Street Consulting Group. As CEO, I’m responsible for setting the vision, creating the strategy, leading our management team and growing our business. My mission is to grow our capability and expertise across leadership consulting, executive search, interim management, talent management and agile RPO to help our clients navigate the future world of work.
I’m delighted that we’ve brought our three businesses together to become NSCG and am looking forward to developing our brand to become the UK’s leading leadership consulting & talent solutions business.
- What experience and expertise do you bring to your role?
During my career, I have worked with numerous companies in the FTSE 100/250 and Fortune 500 and had lots of fun learning experiences along the way. My first recession was 2008, my first pandemic 2020, and I could write a book on all the stuff that has worked, and another book on the stuff that hasn’t.
More recently I have been to INSEAD and I start the three year OPM course at Harvard next year.
- Credentials & achievements
I was a graduate of the University of York, have been a business mentor with The Princes Trust and a founding Patron of St Michaels’ Hospice Guild of Patrons. As a business, we’ve been listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 twice. I was a finalist in the Ernst Young Entrepreneur of the Year Competition and voted UK’s number one interim management service provider by the membership of the Institute for Interim Management (IIM) in 2017 and 2018.
- What do you love the most about your job?
I love the challenge of growing a business, from building the right to team to battling through Brexit or COVID-19. The people make all the difference and I’ve learned a lot from our clients and their incredible career stories and our candidates who have had real impact on business success.
I’ve also had the privilege to work with some amazing colleagues. Even as a small business starting out we never stood still and always tried to be both innovative and entrepreneurial, and between 2015 and 2019 we were fortunate to double our fee income. As we have grown, we matured in terms of proposition, leadership, infrastructure, governance and systems. Seeing the business improve still drives me the way it did in 2003 and this is probably the part I love the most. I am excited about our next chapter and the potential tomorrow will bring.
- What do you enjoy outside of work? Any hobbies?
- I have skied extensively across Europe and North America. I am lucky enough to do a few trips per season – with my family which is more sedate and also the same group of friends for at least the last twenty years – where we are more adventurous.
- I play and watch golf, have been to every Open since 1999 and achieved an ambition of travelling to Augusta to watch the Masters.
- I am hooked on Peloton, indoor cycling. If you’ve not tried it, you must!