I’m NSCG’s marketing director. I head up the marketing department and am responsible for managing the team and developing, influencing and delivering the group’s marketing strategy.
- What experience and expertise do you bring to your role?
I’ve spent the last 20 + years’ creating and delivering marketing, channel and product strategies for high-growth SaaS, services and consultancy-led businesses. They’ve ranged in size and age from VC funded startups to established market-leading global businesses. Each one has had different growth strategies requiring different marketing approaches but the consistent theme is that they’ve all been in the broad HR and talent space helping organisations and the people that work in them perform at their best. That theme carries on in my role at NSCG.
- What are your favourite pastimes?
- BodyCombat – Kicks and punches keep me fit and it’s the best stress reliever around!
- Travelling – I love nothing more than stepping off a plane knowing I’m about to experience new cultures, taste new food and explore some different landscapes.
- Words – I‘m a voracious reader and podcast listener so I’m usually found with either a book in hand or AirPods in.
- What's your go-to productivity trick?
Eat the frog. Identify your frog a.k.a. your hardest, most important task for the day and then do it first thing in the morning. If you have to eat 2 frogs, eat the ugliest one first. It’s a productivity approach by Brian Tracy. Worth googling based on his name alone!
- What's the best piece of advice you were ever given?
“Remember that the way you live your days is the way you live your life.”
The advice I find myself giving the most is “say yes, figure it out later”.