I’m responsible for the people/HR function within NSCG – this could be hiring, training and developing, wellness, engagement – in fact, everything we need to do as a business to attract, retain, develop and look after each employee to ensure they fulfil their potential.
My team works with each area of the business to encourage individuals to elevate their knowledge, professionalism and performance – be through learning and development, personal development plans, our mentor programme and on-line learning management system, as well as enjoying their time at work.
- What experience and expertise do you bring to your role?
I have worked in the recruitment consultancy market for the last 20 years, having numerous roles but for the last 12 years in HR. I am fully qualified CIPD and hold an MA in HR. I love working with people and find it fascinating how differently individuals can approach and look at situations.
- What do you love most about your job?
I love my job because it is all about the people and we have some great people within our business. Each situation is never the same, you are always learning, so it’s never boring. As a company we are always striving on how we can be better – we never sit still!
I like watching individuals become more confident and successful in their roles. It’s great seeing someone’s hard work pay off and seeing them get that promotion, that exam pass, or the last qualification they need to qualify in their field.
- What do you enjoy outside of work? Any hobbies?
- Running – I have just taken running up again after a few years break and now remember why I used to really enjoy it. Time to just enjoy the fresh air and the quietness of the mornings.
- Strictly Come Dancing – I used to be a competitive ballroom dancer a few years ago along with my husband and then turned professional and taught for quite a few years. How the pros get the celebrities up to such a high standard in such a short time is amazing, I take my hat off to them.
- My grandson – he is the apple of my eye and I love spending time with him.