I’m the Chairman of NSCG. I support the board in providing support and challenge across all the areas of the Group. In my role, I offer support to the chief executive in setting the strategic direction of the business and ensuring progress towards our long-term aims and aspirations.
- What experience and expertise do you bring to your role?
Before joining NSCG two years ago I was a client for 15 years, so I understand the needs of our clients deeply. I have successfully launched three new private equity funds in the last 15 years together investing in over 20 businesses and serving on 15 corporate boards. Such a broad range of experience across numerous sectors and a few scars on my back provide me with a good tool bag for the role.
- What do you love the most about your job?
I’m passionate that talented people make business successful. What we do matches talented people to interesting situations, solving problems and ultimately creating significant value for both our candidates and clients. New Street Consulting Group is on an ambitious journey and I’m proud to be part NSCG’s vision – The Talented Future.
- Achievements & credentials
I have won numerous industry awards for the investments I’ve made over the years. One particular highlight was the acquisition of Kiddicare.com, a business that Morrisons Plc couldn’t make work. After 6 months I’d transformed the business and sold it again within 12 months. I led a great team that delivered this exceptional result which I will always be very proud of.
- What do you enjoy outside of work? Any hobbies?
- Travel. I love geography and want to get as many pins on the map as I possibly can.
- Cinema. Sheer escapism for me.
- Golf with my sons. Quality time together and I can still beat them!