Job Title: Trainee Broker
Location: Initial three months: training takes place in Gatwick (Hybrid Working 3 days in the office, 2 days from home)
Between three and nine months: either Gatwick and/or Central
London (Hybrid Working 3 days in the office, 2 days from home)
Line Manager: Head of Learning & Development and or Business Lead
Contract Type: Fixed nine months (with the potential of a full time contract beyond the training academy programme)
At Air Partner, our people are at the core of our 60 year success story! If you are highly ambitious, driven and self-motivated individual would has a desire to learn… our Academy might be just the right thing for you! Do you like working off your own steam but also enjoy working as part of a broader team working with shared goals? Do you want an opportunity to learn and create your future career? If you are you looking to join a business that invests heavily your development and supports you in starting your career journey in aviation, our Academy may be just the thing for you!
By joining our Academy, you will start your career as a Trainee and be guided through your learning journey by our subject matter experts and highly experienced brokers. In your first three months you will be taught the general aviation principals and key technical skills to be enable you to broker your first deal! You’ll also be provided with sales, negotiation and behavioural skills as any extra set of tools to help you grow your own portfolio of clients.
Months three to nine, you’ll work in the business and work closely with your mentor in the workplace, as well as start to implement your newly acquired best-in-class skills. Also during this period, you will travel to airports to accompany flights, personally see how to ensure the departure of different types of charter flights without delay. You will also learn all about how to create your own customer base, which aircraft can carry how many passengers or cargo and how to organise a charter flight.
What you will learn
- How to build a wide and effective network of contacts inside and outside the organisation by researching our database, websites, LinkedIn and trade press, etc
- Pro-actively targeting your list through outbound sales calls, emails and visits (both face-to-face and virtual) and converting them from potential customers to ACS customers
- Gain clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Build relationships with operators to ensure access to the widest range of aircraft available to provide solutions for our customers
- How to maintain relationships with customers to ensure repeat business
- Working to sales target meeting financial objectives
- Ability to demonstrate expert understanding of the aircraft and chartering process
- Manage charter bookings from enquiry to completion
- Present bespoke quotes to customers demonstrating good commercial acumen
- Flight watching/overseeing flight departures (including at times, unsociable hours)
You’ll need to have
- Hard working and a willingness to be flexible.
- Desire to immerse self into role and commit to the demands of the role
- Ability to work independently, but enjoys working with people inside and outside of Air Partner
- Keen team player and enjoys learning by getting actively involved
- Great communication skills – a natural people person who enjoys meeting new people and learning about different type of businesses.
- Make prompt, clear decisions which may involve making tough choices or considered risks
- Enjoys problem-solving and wants to develop sales and negotiation skills.
- Enjoys working to goals and objectives in a competitive environment
- Strong numeracy skills and fluent English language skills (spoken and written)
- IT literate across the Microsoft office suite with the ability to learn new systems
NSCG are working in partnership with Air Partner in the recruitment of these roles, if you have any questions please contact
|Renumeration:||£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Skills:||Communication, Entrepreneurial, Driven, Confident, Opportunistic|
|Date added:||5 Aug 2022|
|Closing date:||2 Sep 2022|
If you're ready to start your journey with us, send us your CV and details now.Apply now